Tasting Puglia & Tuscany
dining tour of Southern & Central Italy
10 days in March 2019
This is a hybrid tour that explores two unique Italian foodscapes in the Tuscany and Puglia regions. It blends two of Traveling Native’s Tasting tours: Tasting Puglia and Tasting Tuscany into one 10-day experience.
Part 1 - Tasting Puglia
Based in Ostuni, Puglia: Experiences in Monopoli, Otranto, Alberobello, Matera, Trani, Ruvo di Puglia, Polignano a Mare
Puglia is the heel of the boot of the Italian peninsula. Located right at the heart of the Mediterranean, it is a treasure trove of historical and natural gems. We’ll discover the deliciously diverse flavors of land and sea from the freshest mozzarella, to the intensity of tomatoes, pane pugliese, “little ear” orecchiette pasta, olive oil, and the rare delicacies of the Adriatic Sea.
Part 2 - Tasting Tuscany
Based in Siena, Tuscany: Experiences in Chianti, Siena, Barga, Lucca, Florence
Tuscany’s fame originates in its art history and city centers such as, Florence, Pisa, Siena, and Lucca but the foundational wealth of Tuscan culture is found in the countryside where peasant culture cultivated some of the most esteemed culinary heritage in the world. We’ll touch on some of the city centers but focus on the smaller towns and the stunning landscape in between.
March 17 - 27, 2019
Prices Per Person (double Occupancy)
credit card - $5,725
check or bank transfer* - $5,550
single supplement - $500
*does not include bank fees
Sharpen your palate across a diverse setting from Tuscany’s mountains, to Puglia's coastline, and some of Italy's most flattering walled cities.
We’ll learn about local culinary crafts like cheese, bread and wine making, salumi production, beer brewing and the art of enjoying being at the table with good food and company.
Meet local artisans, chefs, and growers. Cook with them and get to know their stories. Become part of the scenery and the local enjoyment.
5 days & nights in Puglia
5 days & nights in Tuscany
Private Transport to all destinations
Memorable dining in the regions best eateries
Wine tasting and vineyard visits
Cheese and Mozzarella tasting and caseificio visits
Baking demo and tasting
Visits to picturesque villages and markets from the mountains to the coast
Guided visits to cathedrals, caves, and castles
- Accommodations for 10 days and 9 nights at our favorite luxury boutique hotels
- Andee's full time accompaniment and expertise: she is with you throughout the trip, handling behind-the-scenes logistics and is there to help with anything from figuring out how to dial home, conversing with locals, to plugging in your curling iron
- Official certified regional and city guides as detailed in itinerary
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- Trip literature
- All private ground transportation during the trip
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners + 3 meals as cooking instruction
*2 lunches + 1 dinner are left open for guests to explore. Arrangements can be made prior to departure or last minute for an extra fee.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Airfare is not included.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.