tasting the serchio
Dining Tour in Barga and Lucca Province, Italy
Join Andee and friends for a dining tour and satiate your craving for fresh culinary territory in Tuscany’s greenest valley. Barga, your home for the week, will take its place in your heart and memory. Dining experiences in Barga, Garfagnana, La Valle del Serchio, Lucca, Versilia
Dates & Booking
July 6 - 13, 2018
September 21 - 28, 2018
Sharpen your palate across a diverse setting from Tuscany’s mountains, to its coastline, and one of its most flattering walled cities.
We’ll learn about local culinary crafts like cheese, bread and wine making, salumi production, beer brewing and more.
Meet local artisans, chefs, and growers. Cook with them and get to know their stories. Become part of the scenery and enjoyment alongside locals.
- 8 days in Lucca Province and surroundings
- 7 nights in Barga
- Memorable dining the regions best eateries
- Wine tasting and vineyard visits in Lucca's biodynamic terrain
- Cheese tasting and caseificio visit in Garfagnana
- Salumificio visit and tasting in the Media Valle del Serchio
- Beer tasting and visit of local birrificio
- Baking class with Paolo Lucchesi
- Cooking class with Aurelio Barattini
- Visits to picturesque villages and markets
- Time for exploration and shopping
Includes accommodation, most meals, all ground transportation, transfers, cooking instruction, tours, tasting, full-time guide, and visits as detailed in itinerary. Airfare is not included.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.