Cooking & Dining Tour in Puglia, Italy
Based on the Eastern Coast of Puglia: Experiences in Trani, Ruvo di Puglia, Castel del Monte, Polignano a Mare, Otranto, Ostuni, Alberobello, Matera
Travelers with an appetite for historic charm and scenic indulgence! On the southeastern coast of Italy, days revolve around the meals of the day. Work schedules allow for leisurely siestas and restaurants are in full swing at around midnight. This is the land of the olive grove that never ends. Explore Puglia’s stunning countryside and its historic coastline. Learn about the local mozzarella and burrata that is like nothing you can find anywhere else. We will experience the wisdom of this region’s food and cooking in private homes, alongside master chefs and the laboratories of food artisans. This tour is dedicated to bring you into the embrace of southern Italian enchantment and enjoyment as it only happens in Puglia.
July 8-17, 2019
Prices per Person (double occupancy)
credit card - $5,725
check or bank transfer* - $5,550
single supplement - $500
*does not include bank fees
with the people and the food
Learn about the local mozzarella and burrata that is like nothing you can find anywhere else.
on the breathtaking coast
Explore Puglia’s stunning countryside and its historic coastline.
in the trulli
Embrace southern Italian enchantment and enjoyment as it only happens in Puglia.
10 days exploring Puglia's coast and countryside
9 nights in an historic Masseria
Memorable dining in the region's best eateries
Wine tastings, vineyards visits, and cellar tours
Cheese tasting and caseificio visits
Beer tasting and birrificio visit
Visits to picturesque villages and markets
Time for exploration and shopping
Guided visits in Trani, Otranto, Castel del Monte, Matera (Basilicata)
- Accommodations for 10 days and 9 nights at our favorite luxury boutique hotels or farmhouses
- Andee's full time accompaniment and expertise: she is with you throughout the trip, handling behind-the-scenes logistics and is there to help with anything from figuring out how to dial home, conversing with locals, to plugging in your curling iron
- Official certified regional and city guides as detailed in itinerary
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- Trip literature
- All private ground transportation during the trip
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners + 3 meals as cooking instruction*
*2 lunches + 1 dinner are left open for guests to explore. Arrangements can be made prior to departure or last minute for an extra fee.
Prices subject to change without notice.
Airfare is not included.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.