Antica Cucina Tour
cooking tour in Lucca, Italy
Join Aurelio in the kitchen and Andee on the picturesque provincial roads to explore the ancient food culture and the unique beauty of Lucca Province. Revitalize your perspective on farm-to-table from families who have been doing it for centuries. Take away dozens of recipes and old-world methods. We'll guide you deep into the Lucchese and Tuscan culinary traditions, exploring kitchen culture and the food community in Lucca. Experience the Art of Enjoyment that is at the heart of Tuscan cooking and living. Culinary Experiences in Lucca, Barga, Garfagnana, & Chianti.
Dates & Booking
March 21-28, 2018
November 18 - 25, 2018
In His Kitchen
Work in the kitchen with Aurelio Barattini, renowned Tuscan cook and owner of the Antica Locanda di Sesto.
At The Table
Join fellow food and wine enthusiasts for a week of dining, tasting, and good company.
Across The Landscape
Explore the diversity of Tuscan cuisine and culture by taking part in the stunning scenery that inspires it.
- 8 days in Lucca Province and surroundings
- 7 nights in Lucca
- Memorable dining the regions best eateries
- 3-part cooking course with Aurelio Barattini
- Baking class with Paolo Lucchesi
- Wine tasting in Chianti and "Lucchesia"
- Cheese-making and tasting tour
- Salumi-making and tasting tour
- Visits to picturesque villages and markets
- Plenty time for exploration and shopping
Includes accommodation, most meals, ground transportation, airport transfers, cooking instruction, tours, tasting, and visits as detailed in itinerary. Airfare is not included.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.