Tasting the serchio
Food Culture & dining Tour in Lucca, Italy
July 21-28, 2017
Join Andee for a dining tour in Tuscany's greenest valley. Become
Culinary Experiences in Lucca, Barga, Garfagnana, & Chianti
In His Kitchen
Work in the kitchen with Aurelio Barattini, renowned Tuscan cook and owner of the Antica Locanda di Sesto.
At The Table
Join fellow food and wine enthusiasts for a week of dining, tasting, and good company.
Across The Landscape
Explore the diversity of Tuscan cuisine and culture by taking part in the stunning scenery that inspires it.
This program is designed to guide you deep into the Lucchese and Tuscan culinary traditions, exploring kitchen culture and artisan food production. Discover the food community in Lucca and experience the Art of Enjoyment that is at the heart of Tuscan cooking and living.
- Cooking and baking classes with Aurelio
- Enjoy dining experiences in the the region's best eateries
- Explore vineyards and cellars of organic wineries in Chianti and Lucca
- Meet cheesemakers of La Garfagnana on a tasting tour of a local caseificio
- Meet multi-generational salumi producers on a tasting tour of local salumificio
- Visit nearby towns, villages, and markets with plenty time for exploration and shopping
Brought to you in collaboration with Aurelio Barattini
Includes accommodation, all meals, ground transportation, transfers, cooking instruction, technical and artistic instruction, tours, tasting, and visits as detailed in itinerary. Airfare is not included.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.