Antica Cucina Tour
cooking school & Dining tour in Lucca, Italy
Join Aurelio in the kitchen and Andee on the picturesque provincial roads to explore the ancient food culture and the unique beauty of Lucca Province. Revitalize your perspective on farm-to-table from families who have been doing it for centuries. Take away dozens of recipes and old-world methods. We'll guide you deep into the Lucchese and Tuscan culinary traditions, exploring kitchen culture and the food community in Lucca. Experience the Art of Enjoyment that is at the heart of Tuscan cooking and living. Culinary experiences in Lucca, Barga, Garfagnana, & Chianti.
June 17 - 26, 2019
November 18 - 25, 2018
June Rates Per Person (9 nights, double occupancy)
Credit card - $6,325
Check or bank transfer* - $6,135
Single Supplement - $500
*does not include bank fees
November Rates Per Person (7 nights, double occupancy)
Credit card - $5,525
Check or bank transfer* - $5,375
Single Supplement - $400
*does not include bank fees
In His Kitchen
Work in the kitchen with Aurelio Barattini, renowned Tuscan cook and owner of the Antica Locanda di Sesto.
At The Table
Join fellow food and wine enthusiasts for a week of dining, tasting, and good company.
Across The Landscape
Explore the diversity of Tuscan cuisine and culture by taking part in the stunning scenery that inspires it.
- 10 days exploring Lucca and surrounding Tuscan provinces
- 9 nights accommodation in Lucca's historic center
- Memorable dining in the region's best eateries
- 3-part cooking course with Lucca's Chef Aurelio Barattini
- Baking class with Barga's Paolo Lucchesi
- Wine tasting in Chianti, Lucca, Montalcino
- Cheese-making demo and tasting tour
- Salumi-making class and tasting tour
- Visits to picturesque villages and markets
- Plenty of time for exploration and shopping
- Accommodations for 10 days and 9 nights at our favorite luxury boutique hotels. *November tour includes 8 days, 7 nights
- Andee's full time accompaniment and expertise: she is with you throughout the trip, handling behind-the-scenes logistics and is there to help with anything from figuring out how to dial home, conversing with locals, to plugging in your curling iron
- Official certified regional and city guides as detailed in itinerary
- Admissions to tastings, historic sites and other scheduled events as noted in the detailed daily itinerary
- Gratuities for hotels, meals and baggage
- Trip literature
- All private ground transportation during the trip
- All breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners + 3 meals as cooking instruction. *November tour includes 4 lunches, 5 dinners +3 meals as cooking instruction.
*2 lunches + 1 dinner are left open for guests to explore. Arrangements can be made prior to departure or last minute for an extra fee.
Airfare is not included.
Prices subject to change without notice.
We enthusiastically welcome travelers of diverse dietary lifestyles. With your help in advance we can cater the program to meet your needs.